Textile Embroidered Landscapes II
Tues., Wed., Nov. 14th and 15th
A workshop for students who have a working knowledge of raw applique, free motion sewing, thread painting and can work independently.
Students will be using a sewing machine and a needle-felting tool.
You will learn how to create a landscape using a diverse selection of fibers, including eyelash sari silk, dyed cheese-cloth, burlap, silk ribbons, upholstery fabric, wool, lamb locks, and more.
Students will learn step-by-step techniques, such as:
• Creating templates using photos
• Thread painting
• Choosing fabrics that help intensify the mood of the landscape
• Couching ribbon, cording, and yarn to create a linear feeling
• Using sheers to create shadows and perspective
• Embellishing with felting to add texture
Dunedin Fine Arts Center
1143 Michigan Blvd. Dunedin, Florida 34698