2 Day Workshop Wet Felting/Needle felting Landscapes
Fri., Sat., Nov. 17th and 18th
This is a two-day workshop open to all levels.
The class will be using needle-felting tools. You will learn the basics of wet-felting and needle-felting, using merino wool, tussah silk, Angelina fiber, bamboo threads, silk noil, silk nubs, and more.
You will learn how to layer the various fibers and explore the unlimited possibilities of wet-felting, as no two paintings are alike.
Once it has dried you will then begin to create dimension with needle-felting. Students will learn step-by-step techniques, such as:
• Layering the wool to block out the landscape
• Tacking elements in place with needle-felting
• Covering with mesh and agitating wool with soapy water
• Fulling the wool in the rinsing process
(Fulling is the use of heat, moisture, and extreme agitation to make a wool fabric shrink and therefore become stronger and take on a pebbled texture).
• Needle-felting the shadows and highlights
• Adding embellishments to accentuate texture
Day One will be dedicated to the wet-felting process. The art will dry overnight.
Day Two will focus on needle-felting and embellishing techniques.
Dunedin Fine Arts Center
1143 Michigan Blvd. Dunedin, Florida 34698