For sometime now, my heart has been drawn to the plight of the Koalas. And so, I’ve set the intention for this exciting sewing challenge to raise awareness, funds and most importantly HONOR and RESPECT to our dear friends.
Although I’d planned to visit the sanctuary in August and personally deliver the funds … circumstances have interrupted travel and I’ll be mailing 100% of the funds raised. Please join me in this endeavor as I fulfill a commitment I’ve made to these incredible animals.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter participants must purchase Lorraine Turner’s downloadable Koala pattern.
The cost is $20.
100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Ipswitch Koala Protection Society, a Koala Sanctuary in Queensland, Australia.
- A portion of Lorraine Turner’s Koala pattern must be incorporated into the project.
- 50% of the fabrics used must be Lorraine Turner’s Calico Horses by Free Spirit fabrics
- Aurifil threads, any weight or color must be incorporated into the project
- You may scale the pattern to any size you wish
- Home Decor
- Bags,Textile Art and Quilts
DEADLINE: August 31, 2020
All entries must be made by posting a picture of the finished project on Instagram using hashtag #LTKoalaChallenge or by filling out the LTKoalaChallenge google form by August 31, 2020.
(google doc will be posted soon https://calicohorses.com/)
One spool of Aurifil thread must be visible in the photo.
Participants are encouraged to post their work-in-progress photos using hash tags #calicohorsesfabrics and #aurifil
Judging and PRIZES by FreeSpirit and Aurifil.
- Original art by Lorraine Turner
- CalicoHorses Aurifil Thread Collection
- Fat Quarter Bundle of CalicoHorses FreeSpirit Fabrics
100% of the purchase of the downloadable Koala pattern supports the Ipswich Koala Protection Society in Queensland, Australia.
Line art pattern is included. You may create ALL forms of fabric art, embroidery, thread-painting, fabric collage or anything you wish. HAVE FUN!
If you wish to know more about fabric collage read this step-by-step blog.