Hooray it’s time for another fun sewing art challenge to help endangered animals (and insects.)
Once again our judge will be Susan Brubaker Knapp—fiber artist, teacher, author, and host of Quilting Arts TV.
My new line MIGRATION by FreeSpirit fabrics will be arriving to a local quilt shop near you in February. Here is a list of several shops carrying the fabrics.
You may create ALL forms of fabric art, embroidery, thread-painting, fabric collage or anything you wish. HAVE FUN! If you wish to know more about fabric collage read my step-by-step blog.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter participants must purchase Lorraine Turner’s downloadable Monarch pattern. The cost is $20. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to SaveOurMonarchs.org – a non-profit organization helping Monarchs struggling for survival.
• A portion of Lorraine Turner’s Monarch pattern must be incorporated into the project.
• 50% of the fabrics used must be Lorraine Turner’s MIGRATION by Free Spirit fabrics
• Aurifil 12 weight threads, any color must be incorporated into the project
• Hand work of any kind, beading, embroidery embellishing must be incorporated into the project
• You may scale the pattern to any size you wish
Textile Art and Quilts
DEADLINE: May 30, 2021
Participants are encouraged to post their work-in-progress photos using hash tags #lorraineturnermigration and #aurifilthread
PRIZES: FreeSpirit fabrics, My CalicoHorse Aurifil thread collection and a signed and numbered limited edition giclée by myself.