My Favorite Things – Art Quilt with Lorraine Turner
(CLASS IS SOLD OUT)
A new online subscription only instructional art group.
DATE: – Beginning November 6th
CLASS IS NOW FILLED
Join me as we create a beautiful art quilt using Inktense INK pencils! No drawing experience is necessary, beginners are welcome. If you are interested please let me know and I will send you an invoice, zoom link and an invitation to my private instructional FaceBook group.
Learn how to illustrate one block at a time as we build an art quilt customized to YOUR FAVORITE THINGS.
Think of 9 items you wish to include in telling YOUR story. We shall each be doing something different and all will be unique.
For example, I love: ice skating, baking, reading, painting, going to the beach, watching wild horses, meditation, sewing, drinking coffee. My art quilt will be illustrated with MY favorite things and yours will focus on YOU. Together we will trace, stitch and paint with Inktense pencils.This is a great way to LEARN and have fun with others during this time of isolation.
SORRY, THIS CLASS IS NOW FILLED
Fabric Art Fridays will begin from November. I will not be recording this, however you will be able to record the zoom meetings on your own.
This is a subscription membership for a onetime price of $40. Meetings will be one hour.
We shall kick it off Friday, November 6, 3PM EST.
10 monthly sessions in all. Come join the fun!
- Inktense INK Pencils (NOT watercolor pencils) by Derwent.
They have different collections – choose however many colors you wish by selecting the set – prices vary by amount of pencils in set.
Some buy links: Set of 24 Set of 12
- White cotton fabric
- Paintbrush and water
- Iron (mini iron works best I use the Cricut mini press)
- Sewing machine able to do free motion by dropping the “feed dog”
- Embroidery foot
- Small sewing scissors
- Fine black marker
- Lightbox (or window if you prefer)
- Masking tape
- 50 wt black cotton thread
- Aloe Vera gel (you can find in skin care area of markets OR Fabric medium I use Liquitex – Only a few drops are needed so buy small
- Resource materials to trace your line art (I will help you simplify your drawings)